Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oh, SHOOT!

Well... I must say that I am a big fan of the geniuses who came up with the existential photography exhibit at the photographers gallery. I am also a big fan of the woman who managed to get her photo taken by cameras triggered by shooting a bull's eye. It may because I was SO CLOSE and missed it by literally a hair (and thus must go through training before joining the zombie apocalypse survival team... but that's another problem), but I think it's impressive that, first of all, she was committed enough to do it that many times, and that she was successful that many times. Or maybe I am just easily impressed. Actually, that sounds pretty likely. This photo is just one wall of this woman's bull's eye portraits. There were two others. And let me just say again, that's A LOT of bulls eyes.
The whole SHOOT exhibition was actually really cool, now that I'm done raving about one woman and her accuracy. I actually really loved the photos that were taken by shooting the camera. While I don't think I could live with myself if I ever shot my camera, I liked the concept. And the photos were fascinating.

I'm sorry to say, I was lazy or something today. So the flickr set is for both days we spent in galleries. http://www.flickr.com/photos/anna_elizabeth1/sets/72157632290273352/

No comments:

Post a Comment